The Power of Thoughts
Occasionally I’m asked why I write about the subjects I do on this blog. “Rick, you’re a business coach. Why don’t you write about business issues on your blog?” That is exactly what I am doing, let me explain why. There has been a secret around for thousands of years that seems to pop its little head up every once in a while. This secret is so astoundingly simple and yet effective that you’d think everyone would know about it and be using it. But that’s not the case. I think because it’s so simple, this secret is dismissed as mumbo jumbo. Do that at your own risk though. The secret is there is more power in your thoughts than you can conceive.
There are quotes throughout the ages that support this secret.
- Watch your thoughts; they become your words
Watch your words; they become your actions
Watch your actions; they become your habits
Watch your habits; they become your character
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
– Lao Tzu
- The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large – Confucius
- Men who are resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not find them, they will make them – Samuel Smiles
- Your expectations open or close the doors of your supply. If you expect grand things and work honestly for them, they will come to you, your supply will correspond with your expectation – Orison Swett Marden
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve – Napoleon Hill
- Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind – Earl Nightingale
As you can see, everything you want from your life and business starts with your thoughts. Talking about success specifically is difficult because the definition of success is different for everyone. You might want more money to pay for college while your neighbor wants more free time. The common denominator is what you think about. That’s why I write on the topics I do; to help you start each day with the right frame of mind. My goal is to help you be intentional about your thinking so you can control where you end up. Just like tending a garden, thinking and believing positively and expectantly don’t come naturally; negative thinking does. Just like you don’t have to plant weeds.
The truth is your thoughts are the steering wheel of your life and if you knew just how powerful your thoughts are, you’d never think a negative thought again. Guard your thoughts, expect great things, work hard, and show the world just how AMAZING you are!
Want to learn more about transforming your business?
Join my mailing list to get advice you can use to improve your shop, the day it lands in your inbox.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.